Monday, March 31, 2008

Sexy?

This weekend I did something that made me feel so incredibly sexy. What was it, you ask? Tried on a new low cut/high cut something? Walked around in stilettos? Modeled some fabulous new color lipstick to make my lips pouty? Actually, I ate an orange. No knife either; knives are not sexy. A big, fat, juicy California orange, the size of a softball. Used my fingers and thumbs. No fancy nail tips to deal with. Peeled off all of the skin, then separated the sections one at a time, slowly and deliberately. Ate the sections by biting into the middle of each one. The juice got everywhere – down my fingers and hands, dripping onto my wrists. One bite of a section made the juice squirt onto the tip of my nose. Juice gets all sticky on the lips too. Felt wonderful and organic and was ever so yummy.

It’s nice to be at this point in my life, past the low cut/high cut whatevers and past the stilettos, and enjoying food too much to deal with delicate and fussy manicures. Just eating oranges and feeling as feminine and fabulous as humanly, womanly possible.

1 comment:

Fiiona said...

Yo yo yo Purples Queen! You've got the spirit. You ARE arrived. Whenever it is more about our experience of THE ORANGE then about how we look to others (while we are eating the orange), we are on the verge of really living. I'm thrilled. And I laughed too.