Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Hoping for Happy

When I was 22, I was a newlywed. Looking back on it now, I was a wreck in what I thought was happy clothing. My daughter is now 22 and a newlywed and wears whatever clothing she wants. I hope it is happy clothing. More than that, I hope she is not really a wreck. There is something to be said for being a wreck when you're not-really-a-wreck, and you're so happy and nervous and excited and looking forward to wearing more happy clothing with your not-really-a-wreck husband who is also nervous and excited and wearing happy clothing - for better or for worse, etc. and so forth. And you wash his happy clothing and your happy clothing and when you're waiting for all the happy clothing to be clean and dry, you're still a happy couple, not-really-a-wreck, enjoying the stuff young marriage is made of. My hope for my daughter and her husband is that they are really, truly, sincerely happy, regardless of how happy their clothing is.

1 comment:

Fiiona said...

Dear Purple Queen: I got this note from The Universe today. I thought you should share it:
Be proud to know as much as you do about life, dreams and reality. It was a long climb up the stairway of enlightenment, and many a battle over false beliefs and mass consciousness have been won. You don't have to shout from your roof to live your truth every second of every day, but don't shy away from the ignorant; they need you. Nor be intimidated by the truly wise; they love you. And please don't ever let self-consciousness keep you from stepping out into a world that would be unimaginably incomplete without you.

You are a vessel of light, a holy ghost, and frankly, so dang "hot."

The Universe