Tuesday, February 12, 2008

What do we look like?

Finding an image to connect with this site has been a search for identity. So, some of you may know that "Dangerous Crones" began with Ramona and I talking about an all-girl rock and roll group. I was taking guitar lessons, and she said she could play tambourine. We needed some other players!. What should we call ourselves? Considering the demographics - two women "over fifty" - THE DANGEROUS CRONES were born in concept. It has been two years. I quit the guitar and went back to he piano. There were divorces, break ups, gripes with employers about being replaced by less expensive younger women, children grouping up and moving out. We were still smart, fit, active and passed over. TOO old to rock and roll ....too young to.... you guessed the rest.

What started as alternative music became a movement of self awareness, protest and creative response. When I was looking for an image I came across the Empress in the Waite Tarot. She is at least Queen of her Own Domain and she still looks young even though she is over one hundred years old. It is a start. Please contribute own own images and ideas about what it means to be a crone in the 21st century. We are inventing ourselves as we speak.

1 comment:

Pam said...

I love this image!
But I do think we should be mindful of copyrights when posting photos. It's probably OK, since you gave attribution.

P.S. You're never to old to rock and roll!!