Although I have barely begun my reading to support this blog, I want to suggest a couple of books that I have bought, begun, would like to share and discuss (in no particular order):
Sue Monk Kidd, The Dance of the Dissident Daughter, Harper Collins, 1996
(If you are unfamiliar with her writing, read The Secret Life of Bees. )
Jean Shinoda Bolen, MD, Crones Don't Whine, Conari Press, 2003
She has a number of Crone related books; this is my first, so I really don't have a clue.
Bianca Leonardo and Winifred K. Rugg, Anne Hutchinson, Unsung Heroine of History (1591-1643), Tree of Life Publications, 1995
This one is particularly of interest to me in doing genealogical research. Although I am not related to her, my ancestor, Job Throckmorton, was her neighbor and fellow dissident in Throg's Neck before they were attacked by Indians and had to flee. Unless someone can show an earlier group, these authors claim that she was the first to start "women's groups."
She had twice weekly meetings for the local women to meet to discuss last Sunday's sermon. Needless to say she was punished for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment