Saturday, June 28, 2008

Heidi, Peter Pan and the Coyotes

Yes - we are on vacation - so its time to think outside of the box. Luckily I am on top of the world at 8,885 feet in the Rockies. The thinness of the air is helpful, and I was amused by the advert for the High Attitude Institute of Health, which helps athletes condition for sports performance, as well as cures mental disorders. My hosts think I should live at high altitude all the time, and maybe that is something to consider.
Meanwhile, my only internet connection is outside the local library so I have been unplugged for a few days, walked the mountain outside my door, examined others' lifestyles including my own, and feel better for it.
The outcome cannot be rushed so I'll just have to keep you in suspense.

Suffice it to say, every night I listen to the coyotes howl and it is doing something to me - though I have not yet grown fur. I started as Heidi, trekking on the picturesque mountain passes that surround me. I'll tell you more about the Peter Pans (plural) later. But I am not the blonde child who was attending her grandfather ( or the memory thereof) any longer.

Stay tuned.

No comments: