So the taxes eat us up, the toads fuck us up and the tomatoes are a fruit that sustains us.
When I worked in a place that took my taxes out automatically, it was painless. But as a fellow crone pointed out, they get to keep the interest and use my $ all that time too. (Not to mention spend it on WAR) But writing a check for taxes at this time of year is devastating if you (that is, me) thought you were managing financially on your (my) own. This is the one year anniversary of my divorce; I am happily going it alone. But oh my God, how will I continue this into old age, dementia, etc.? How can I possibly make enough money to live to a ripe old age? Maybe I am in my ripe old age right now....
Well, Fiona, your toad may have fucked you up in the past (if I remember correctly) but it seems like this is the perfect and appropriate approach at this time in all our crone lives. I, too have a friend that is hopeless "partner" material, yet once or twice a year we really enjoy each others' company. That suits me. I just would like a few of those cowboys, not just one! (Or Indians would be fine, too)
As for tomatoes, I am looking forward to summer and the richness which tomatoes represent for me. They are a symbol of summer. At one time my sisters-in-law and myself tried to start a business called Hot Tomatoes, a name I somehow found appropriate. (It turns out that there is a swing band in Denver with that name. ) Can crones be Hot Tomatoes? Oh yeah, especially with toads....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yes - the magnitude of this life is great but I still have to harness those old emotions. I was addressed on my maternal affections once or twice. And I got it. I need a new suit of behaviors to be with this.
It IS always something! But now is the time to post to the blog - ANYTHING. You'll feel better!
Post a Comment